Saturday, October 8, 2011

Adams wrote resignation letter in January - Portland Business Journal:

inofiquxi.wordpress.com
The letter appears to have beendrafted Jan. 21, the day afterf Adams addressed the media about theBreedlove matter. Adams did not formallyy submit theresignation letter. Through a Adams declined to comment on theresignation letter. “ have taken stock of the big mess I have Adams wrote. “It is a distraction that this city cannogt afford at this time of deep So I have resignedx asMayor (Jan. 21) at 3 p.m. Having worked closelgy with him formany years, I know that Interimm Mayor Randy Leonard will do a great job.
” “Ase I return to private life, immediately ahead for me, I will cooperat e fully with any investigation of my dealings with Beau And I will take time off to reflect on my poor judgmenty in these matters and to fully learn all the lessonss I need to learbn from my mistakes.” In the resignatiohn letter, Adams said Commissioner Randy Leonard had agreefd to retain Adams' staff. Late Monday, Leonarf confirmed he agreed in Januaryy to retainthe mayor's staff if the mayort resigned. "We talked about it, and I said I admir e your staff, I know each one of them and I'c ask them to stay," he said. Leonarr said he's glad the matter is over.
"I'm glad he didn'tf resign and I'm really happy for Sam that this cloud hasbeen lifted," he The letter was released by the attorney general late Monday. In the Kroger released a report saying he would not file criminakl charges against Adams over his relationship with former legislative intern Beau Kroger said hisinvestigators "obtained no evidence that Adamw engaged in illegal sexual intercourse with a minor, committede official misconduct, or engaged in theft by The letter was saved on a Macbook Pro, belongint to Adams, that investigators searched in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment